IMPORTANT UPDATE - PRESCRIPTIONS
FROM 1ST OCTOBER 2021 WE WILL NO LONGER BE ACCEPTING PRESCRIPTIONS OVER THE TELEPHONE.
PATIENTS CAN ORDER PRESCRIPTIONS USING THE FOLLOWING OPTIONS:-
USING SYSTEMONLINE OR AIRMID UK
BY POSTING THE REQUEST WITH FULL PATIENT DETAILS AND MEDICATION REQUIRED IN THE BOX AT THE RIGHT OF THE MAIN ENTRANCE
BY COMPLETING A REQUEST SLIP AVAILABLE IN THE PRACTICE FOYER.
PRESCRIPTION REQUESTS ARE COMPLETED WITHIN 72 WORKING HOURS FROM RECEIPT
UPDATE AUGUST 2020
From 1st of September 2020 Patients will be required to order their own medication directly with the practice.
Pharmacies will no longer be able to order Medication on Patient's behalf.
This can be done by:
- Online ordering from the practice
- Approved app (must integrate directly with GP clinical system)
- Electronic repeat dispensing (eRD)
- Using the tear off part of the repeat prescription, identifying the items required.
If you need regular medication you will be issued with a computerised prescription counterfoil that you should use when re-ordering.
You can tell us your chosen pharmacy as most prescriptions can now be sent electronically.
To keep your details up to date and to increase efficiency please inform the surgery of any medications on your repeat list that you no longer take.
You can obtain a repeat prescription in the following ways:
- By placing repeat prescription request form (i.e. the green tear off slip on the reverse of your prescription) into the letter box located on the wall near the main entrance.
- By post - please provide a stamped addressed envelope if you would like us to post the prescription to you
- By completing a request slip available in the Practice Foyer
- On-line via the link at the top of this page; please click here for more information or ask at reception
Please ensure that the items you require are requested clearly by ticking the appropriate box on the repeat request form, or if you do not have a repeat request form, please ensure that your name, address and the items you require are clearly indicated.
In order to process the large number of requests each day please note that 48 hours notice (i.e. two full working days) is required for repeat prescription requests.
The Schedule for ordering and collection is therefore:-
- Monday - Wednesday
- Tuesday - Thursdays
- Wednesday - Friday
- Thursday- Monday
- Friday - Tuesday
You may have a message printed on your repeat prescription for a review of your medication - please ensure that you attend a review appointment.
Requests for antibiotics are not accepted - you must make an appointment to see the doctor.
Please do not expect to be given a prescription every time that you see your doctor.